Tuesday, April 7, 2009

less talking more shouting

From Wyckham:
I'm a terrible blogger. I have all of these great ideas to write about when I'm not sitting at a computer...and then I forget everything I was going to say. But really, I think it's hard to for me to get outside of the process while I'm in the middle of it as an actor. Right now I'm just trying to learn the music and continue to contemplate this character of Mother Courage. I have all of the songs uploaded on my iPod (both iPods actually, but I don't need to go into my whole music system) and listen to them in my car, at the gym and on the metro/bus. Today, while waiting for the red line train at Metro Center I was listening to "Deal Reprise" which has these great shout-y chant-y parts of "That's Us". They are very catchy. So catchy, there is no possible way to not shout along...which I think I did. Or at least mouthed it very firmly, and with most likely a fist pump to punctuate the syllables. I only realized I did this because of one guy's shocked and amused look from my antics. But I was in Ma Courage mode, so I was not embarassed and made a crazy-face at him and then continued down the platform.
Spring is here, the dead are gone, the snow is melted, they're all at peace.
And what remains must now continue, and what remains must now continue.
That's us (THAT'S US!) Let's Go. We're all that's left.

No comments:

Post a Comment